You searched for: "View all stories"
Should you buy an annuity?Save + InvestSeptember 29, 2015
Would a fall in house prices be good for society?House + HomesSeptember 7, 2015
Sleep-o-nomics: Do night owls or early risers earn more?Mind + MoneyAugust 19, 2015
The science behind why a second opinion can pay dividendsSpend + EarnAugust 11, 2015
ING global chief economist: Five lessons from the Greek crisisMind + MoneyAugust 11, 2015
Eleven must read books for 2015: ING economists’ summer reading lists revealedMind + MoneyJuly 29, 2015
From The Simpsons to soap operas: Five ways watching TV may change money choicesMind + MoneyJuly 20, 2015
What Pinocchio can teach us about managing moneySave + InvestJuly 8, 2015
Money for nothing? Avoiding blunders by the numbersMind + MoneyJune 30, 2015
- Save + InvestShould you buy an annuity?September 29, 2015When it comes to retirement, professional advice usually focuses on saving as much as possible. But many of us may struggle to save – perhaps because of low wages, or time…
- House + HomesWould a fall in house prices be good for society?September 7, 2015Generation Rent is the name given to the growing group who, unlike previous generations, cannot afford to buy a home. The ING International Survey on Homes and Mortgages 2015…
- Mind + MoneySleep-o-nomics: Do night owls or early risers earn more?August 19, 2015Early risers are often assumed to be hard working, responsible types – while late-night lovers were once thought simply to be moonstruck, or perhaps even mad.
- Spend + EarnThe science behind why a second opinion can pay dividendsAugust 11, 2015If you are like the average person, your estimate will be a long way off. People have a tendency to be optimistic and overconfident about managing money. It’s one of six…
- Mind + MoneyING global chief economist: Five lessons from the Greek crisisAugust 11, 2015But valuable lessons were learned, as ING global chief economist Mark Cliffe details below. The importance of a “Plan B” is one. As is the danger of making important financial…
- Mind + MoneyEleven must read books for 2015: ING economists’ summer reading lists revealedJuly 29, 2015But which books are top of the list? Five ING economists have shared their must read books for 2015 – with the list ranging from the economics of cycling to a book about…
- Mind + MoneyFrom The Simpsons to soap operas: Five ways watching TV may change money choicesJuly 20, 2015But mounting evidence suggests TV may be more than just entertainment that fills spare time. A box-set “binge-watch” may actually influence decision making in other parts…
- Save + InvestWhat Pinocchio can teach us about managing moneyJuly 8, 2015And the Italian tale of the little wooden puppet Pinocchio is no exception.
- Mind + MoneyMoney for nothing? Avoiding blunders by the numbersJune 30, 2015We learn at school that numbers are a great way to represent facts. When a number is quoted, it automatically lends greater weight to a claim.