You searched for: "View all stories"
Sleep-o-nomics: Do night owls or early risers earn more?Mind + MoneyAugust 19, 2015
The science behind why a second opinion can pay dividendsSpend + EarnAugust 11, 2015
ING global chief economist: Five lessons from the Greek crisisMind + MoneyAugust 11, 2015
Eleven must read books for 2015: ING economists’ summer reading lists revealedMind + MoneyJuly 29, 2015
From The Simpsons to soap operas: Five ways watching TV may change money choicesMind + MoneyJuly 20, 2015
What Pinocchio can teach us about managing moneySave + InvestJuly 8, 2015
Money for nothing? Avoiding blunders by the numbersMind + MoneyJune 30, 2015
We’re all in a position of power – but can you make it pay?Spend + EarnJune 22, 2015
What’s wrong with the cost of an “average” wedding?Spend + EarnMay 29, 2015
- Mind + MoneySleep-o-nomics: Do night owls or early risers earn more?August 19, 2015Early risers are often assumed to be hard working, responsible types – while late-night lovers were once thought simply to be moonstruck, or perhaps even mad.
- Spend + EarnThe science behind why a second opinion can pay dividendsAugust 11, 2015If you are like the average person, your estimate will be a long way off. People have a tendency to be optimistic and overconfident about managing money. It’s one of six…
- Mind + MoneyING global chief economist: Five lessons from the Greek crisisAugust 11, 2015But valuable lessons were learned, as ING global chief economist Mark Cliffe details below. The importance of a “Plan B” is one. As is the danger of making important financial…
- Mind + MoneyEleven must read books for 2015: ING economists’ summer reading lists revealedJuly 29, 2015But which books are top of the list? Five ING economists have shared their must read books for 2015 – with the list ranging from the economics of cycling to a book about…
- Mind + MoneyFrom The Simpsons to soap operas: Five ways watching TV may change money choicesJuly 20, 2015But mounting evidence suggests TV may be more than just entertainment that fills spare time. A box-set “binge-watch” may actually influence decision making in other parts…
- Save + InvestWhat Pinocchio can teach us about managing moneyJuly 8, 2015And the Italian tale of the little wooden puppet Pinocchio is no exception.
- Mind + MoneyMoney for nothing? Avoiding blunders by the numbersJune 30, 2015We learn at school that numbers are a great way to represent facts. When a number is quoted, it automatically lends greater weight to a claim.
- Spend + EarnWe’re all in a position of power – but can you make it pay?June 22, 2015It’s a well-intentioned joke – but well-known research suggests there might be a serious side, and that this sort of “power pose” might help in salary and other important…
- Spend + EarnWhat’s wrong with the cost of an “average” wedding?May 29, 2015The sum a stranger splashes on the confetti, cake and other special touches for their big day might not seem very relevant to you. But newspaper reports and talk around the…